Ernie Walker created Upington Radiotors and Motor graveyard in 1959 in Mark street 53.
Registered Upington Radiator CC in 1966.
1979 A Total Petrol station was added to the business.
Eric Ernest Edward Walker (Ernie’s second son) joins the business in 1982. In 1987 the Midas & Fastfit franchise was acquired.
In 1997 a full IVECO dealership was added to the Walker Scrapyard business in Industria road. In 2002 Walker’s Midas acquired the Silverton and Polaris franchise.
2007 4×4 Mega World was constructed in Le Roux street and all motorcycles and workshop items moved to the new facility. A second Midas store was also constructed in the industrial CBD of Upington.
In 2015 Walker’s Scrapyard converted to Walker Industria (PTY) Ltd with the following services: Walker Forklift Rental, Walker SKIP Rental, IVECO, Walker Towing Service, Walker Recycling, Kubota.
Further restructuring in 2015 saw Upington Radiotors CC becoming Walker’s Midas (PTY) Ltd. All the companies now falls under the Walker Group (PTY) Ltd. This includes Walker’s Midas, Walker Industria, Walker Capital, Walker Group Properties.
2010 – 2017 Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, Linhai and Venter franchises was added to 4×4 Mega World. GLE Capital a level 2 BBBEE company was created in 2017 to help with deals requiring black economic empowerment.
In 2018 Walker’s Midas, Silverton and the head office moved into a brand new building in Kooperasie street including many rental spaces. The old building in Mark street is now rented out to Imperial.